Live Wedding Painting
1. Click on "get started" below to contact Bella for a free customized price quote. Please remember to include your event location, date and time so Bella can make sure she is free to paint for you! The price for a single live painting usually ranges between $1,000-$1800 and varies based on size, location (and travel expenses involved), time of day/year, and the extent to which you want the painting touched up after the event. All price points include high quality art materials and insurance, and a detailed consultation approximately 1-2 months before the event to make sure the final painting meets your vision. You will be able to request specific details of your venue, decor, and attire to emphasize in the painting.
2. On the day of your event, Bella arrives up to 2 hours early to start painting the background, so that she can focus on adding key people during the party. With every painting, she aims to capture the specific mood, lighting and color of a space, an intimate portrait of the most important people, and a slightly more impressionistic background featuring the most important people and details of your party, while interacting with your guests as they watch the scene unfold on canvas.
3. Even if a venue does not allow the artist to arrive early, often 90% of the painting is complete by the end of a 4-hour party, for guests to admire on their way out. However, Bella offers touch-up work (usually about 5-10 hours total) at no extra charge to make sure you are completely satisfied with the final product, as well as free delivery anywhere in Brooklyn or Manhattan and Connecticut usually within 8-12 weeks after the event. For out of town events that require overnight stay, the painting is normally complete by the morning after the event.
4. You can also request a photo of the painting or add-ons such as thank-you cards or prints, or additional paintings based on photos after the event!
Note: Bella can also sometimes offer paintings completed and ready to take home at the end of the wedding, with fewer specific portraits of people and a slightly less refined background.xamples of events Katherine has painted around the world, from 500-person wedding receptions to intimate family reunions. Katherine can also recreate a past event or a portrait based on one or several photos.
16” X 20” or under: $1000
18” X 24”: $1200
20“ X 24”: $1300
22” X 28”, 20” X 30”, 24” X 30”: $1400
24“ X 36”: $1500
Larger sizes i.e. 30” X 40”, 24” X 48”: $1800
** Higher rates apply for July 4 and Holidays
** Peak Saturdays (May-October) and holiday
weekend dates (occurring on Memorial Day, Labor Day, July 4, Thanksgiving and Columbus Day weekends) require booking a package of $1300 and up Included:
• Painting live at an entire 3-6 hour event
• Arriving onsite up to 1 to 2 hours early on the same day
to do preliminary sketches/background painting.
• Initial planning with client by phone/email (in person
meeting also available upon request!)
• Materials fee (quality acrylic paint, canvas, brushes)
• Touch-up work including up to 2 rounds of minor revisions, to make sure you are completely satisfied with the final product (though the painting will look nearly complete by the end of the event)*
• Hand delivery of finished painting to client anywhere
within Connecticut and New York City (including boroughs), if completed after the event (delivery by mail requires an additional
• Artist’s travel anywhere within Connecticut and New York City**
* If Client agrees to take painting at the end of the
event without touch-ups, Artist can take $200 off all
sizes 22” X 28” and up. Client may also request
refined portraits of guests, and/or a higher level of
detail overall, for an additional $200.
** An additional travel fee ranging from $50-$200 will
be added for events that require travel outside of
Connecticut and NYC. For events that require air travel and lodging, expenses will be calculated accordingly.
Coverage of up to $1,000,000 in liability insurance